Friday, April 26, 2013

Calling all Designers ... Awareness Kit Collab for Alopecia Areata


I’m Jenny from Jenny’s Designz; a lot of you have known me for years. What you might not know is that my little girl suffers, yes I mean SUFFERS from ALOPECIA AREATA. She has had it since she was 2 years old. It started out as a little tiny bald spot that has gotten bigger and bigger, but she is not totally bald like some of the kids that have it. Her hair comes out in patches; she takes steroid shots that might stop her growth rate, and as of right now there is no cure for it. 

They say its genetic (not that me or my ex-hubby knows of any one in our family’s ever having it) she is the only one. She is 6 years old now in school you can only image the worry that I go through because kids can be mean. She is very self-conscious about her hair. So I wanted to spread the word to people that may or may not have heard for the condition.  The more people that know the better chance we have at finding a cure for it. 

My good friend from my own CT team - Angela from Queenie Creations - has already made a kit so I’m using her kit to make a tag with Veronica (VV) to show the world my happy beautiful child. I tell her every day that she is beautiful, and I think every child with any kind of disease needs to hear that. I am sending out a call to ALL SCRAPKIT DESIGNERS who would be interested in collaborating on this project - including those who do tags, quick pages, templates, masks, etc. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

Here is the info designers will need for the kits.  There is no due date because I haven't been able to get others involved in it yet. I have posted in several groups on Facebook. I know people have seen it so far Angela and Shani from Wicked Princess. 

If you know of anyone else that I haven’t thought about - would you please send them the link to this post or forward an email to them letting them know and asking them to help out?  I would be ever so thankful. Even taggers can do something - a tag here or there with awareness on it helps out more then you know!
Alopecia Areata Awareness Ribbon

COLOR SCHEME
Navy for the Ribbon and Navy Blue and White for the other elements and such

THEME - DO YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC THEME FOR IT? SINCE IT AFFECTS A LOT OF PEOPLE WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST?
I think this would be up to each designer because it affects how everyone feels differently.

DUE DATE - IS THERE A SPECIFIC TIME YOU'D NEED IT BY? 
Whenever you are able to create something. I know all of you are busy with your own kits and projects too. Alopecia Areata Awareness month is SEPTEMBER.

STORY - MAY I WRITE ABOUT THE PERSON IN QUESTION THAT IT EFFECTS? OR SOMEONE ELSE COULD WRITE IT UP?
Kimmi from Life in a House of Testosterone and My Creative Muse (the designer of my blog) has offered to prepare a blog post complete with photos and pictures and all of the kits for us to post on our blogs along with information about Alopecia Areata. You can send your information to her directly at kimcm@live.com with the link to your blog or store or you can just forward the information to me and I'll see that she gets it. Once the post is completed and we have the kits gathered, she will send out the HTML for the blog post and all you will need to do is copy and paste it into a new blog post and it'll be ready to go! You are also free to write your own post up - either way is fine!

Thanks again everyone for chipping in to help out with this collaboration and for spreading the word about Alopecia Areata to make more people aware!


1 comment: